Parallel Power Flow AC/DC Converter with High Input Power Factor and Tight Output Voltage Regulation for Universal Voltage Application
Dhudem Santhosh1, Jisha Bhubesh2, Khaja Rafiulla3
1Dhudem Santhosh, Pg Student CMRCET
2Jisha Bhubesh, Asst Professor, CMRCET
3Khaja Rafiulla, Asst Professor CMRCET
Manuscript received on February 05, 2013. | Revised Manuscript received on February 12, 2013. | Manuscript published on February 15, 2013. | PP: 76-78 | Volume-1 Issue-3, February 2013. | Retrieval Number: C0145020213/2013©BEIESP
Open Access | Ethics and Policies | Cite
© The Authors. Published By: Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences Publication (BEIESP). This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
Abstract: In this paper, a new parallel-connected single phase power factor correction (PFC) topology using flyback converter in parallel with forward converter is proposed to improve the input power factor with simultaneously output voltage regulation taking consideration of current harmonic norms. Paralleling of converter modules is a well-known technique that is often used in medium-power applications to achieve the desired output power by using smaller size of high frequency transformers and inductors. The proposed approach offers cost effective, compact and efficient AC-DC converter by the use of parallel power processing. Forward converter primarily regulates output voltage with fast dynamic response and it acts as master which processes 60% of the power. Flyback converter with AC/DC PFC stage regulates input current shaping and PFC, and processes the remaining 40% of the power as a slave. This paper presents a design example and circuit analysis for 300 W power supply. A parallel-connected interleaved structure offers smaller passive components, less loss even in continuous conduction inductor current mode, and reduced volt-ampere rating of DC/DC stage converter. MATLAB/SIMULINK is used for implementation and simulation results show the performance improvement.
Keywords: Circuit analysis, PFC, Power Conversion.